Conversation Builds Character is spearheading an effort to change the future. There are discoverable societal and cultural conditions that are necessary to prevent intolerance, injustice, war and genocide from gaining a foothold. Those conditions are found in the human heart.
The Holocaust happened because individuals, groups and nations made decisions to either perpetuate or ignore the cruel and deadly events that led to this atrocity. By promoting Holocaust education, Conversation Builds Character strives to inspire people to reflect on the past and learn from one another in the present in order to change the future.
We believe that by fostering a deep understanding and appreciation for the societal conditions that led to the Holocaust, people can learn how to embrace their role as a responsible citizen and work for the common good in their community.
In particular, we encourage people to:
- Think Critically: Reflect, analyze, understand and appreciate other viewpoints
- Act Responsibly: Choose to make a difference through words and actions
- Lead Courageously: Take bold action to promote justice and the common good
Through these actions, we encourage people to embrace openness, strength of character and moral fortitude, so that they might build stronger communities on a foundation of mutual respect and understanding.
Change doesn’t happen on its own. It takes dedication, courage and perseverance to make a difference. In partnership with other forward-thinking initiatives, Conversation Builds Character provides programs and resources that encourage personal reflection, analysis and discussion around important issues in order to empower people to embrace their leadership potential, no matter their status or position.
Each of us can lead. Each of us can make a difference and bring about positive change. And together, we can build a brighter future.
We support Holocaust organizations, initiatives and events that:
- Teach by bringing awareness of this cataclysmic event – a result of human actions and non-actions – and encouraging individuals to educate themselves about this history.
- Build Unity and Community by encouraging individuals to reflect on one’s own biases and engage in the difficult conversations needed to break down barriers and build unity and peace.
Conversation Builds Character aims to promote reflection, analysis and discussion around important issues in order to empower people to embrace their leadership potential, no matter their status or position.